Monday, June 2, 2014

My Shadow, Free!

My Shadow, free

For it moves beyond the confinement of my body
for it breathes the fresh air when I stand behind The caged window,
For it roams the streets when I can muster courage to step out in the balcony, 
My shadow wanders, Free.

That Light source that lights up lives, Gives birth to my free existence.
In my shadow world, I can be everything I’v ever dreamt to be.
My shadow world lets me... explore the naked body, for my clothes don’t matter there.
Beauty products are not relevant, for My Face is all black there.
There I feel young, Un-wrinkled by the words of the wise old Real world 
The Dupatta covering my head here, slips down and spreads wide to become my wings there
My hands always tied up on the bed or in action to feed the dependents, become birds taking a flight or a fish exploring the beyonds of the ocean

My shadow world lets me be, The Me-reality never allowed me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment