Thursday, February 11, 2010

kiss in the rain..

It was pouring, thanks to the Sun, even a rainbow circumscribed the sky. I could’nt resist any further, so called him.
Me: hey, wanna meet?

Him: you nuts! its pouring, literally!
Me: but I really wanna meet you, I’v got something for you
Him: Swati, we’d meet later. By the way, what is so special that you can’t even wait for some hours.
Me: No, you have to come down to find it out, I don’t mind coming near your place, if you have a problem walking upto mine, you can atleast come outside.
Him: I won’t till the time you tell me,
Me: (shying a little) I want to kiss you, right now, middle of the street, in the rain!
Him: oh so your ‘kissing in the rain’ fantasy s back!
Me: Whatever, come out, I’m comi..
Him: When would you grow up and get girlie Swati. Why can’t you resist anything

He gave me a reason, did’nt come.

An Excuse to me!


In retrospect, could it be the reason for him parting from me?

What did he mean by saying, ‘go girlie and grow up’?
Am I supposed to give way only to the femine way of thinking, completely disregarding the presence of something not feminine? isn’t it prejudiced; judging me on the basis of the external. Are the insides of me irrelevant? Does speaking out, put the feminine character at stake?

And growing up, does it mean you live a life completely devoid of imaginations, fantasies, dreams, mischief ? Wait a minute Or did he mean , I needed to keep those things to myself? Are grown ups a closed box, in themselves, for themselves, with Everything cluttered inside .

The bigger question is, can I fight it?

I’d perhaps grow up one day, a feminine in being, n would never live my wish of ‘kissing in the rain’ Or …

p.s: it's somewhat a work of fiction, any resemblance is coincidental.:)

2 comments:

  1. Don't let anyone tell you to fucking grow up...
    A prolonged childhood is infinitely better than premature senility....(with that thought pick up a few crayons and make a mess out of your walls)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah sure!
    how bout startin it wid your walls??:P

    ReplyDelete